The Role Music Plays in My life

 Most people feel that music is an essential part of their lives. I always wonder how different the world would be without the joy and creativity of music, the different sounds of music and the different cultures that come behind music. Music affects how we feel and how we react in certain situations. In the book, The Other Wes Moore, hip-hop music is an interest of the other Wes Moore. He explains how hip-hop music is a necessity to his everyday life, and it is necessary for him to maintain himself. In my everyday life, music helps me stay focused, stay positive and it helps me keep myself together for the day, whether I am happy or sad.

Even as a baby, my parents expressed themselves through music and I guess that is where I got it from. Growing up, no matter what we were doing or where we were going, there was music playing and it was always upbeat happy music. Music has the power to leave a different feeling in me, if I hear a good song that song will stay with me all day and I will be thinking about it until I hear it again. Music can take me on different journeys into my own space and makes me feel better. I can always find a relatable song for whatever I am going through and I enjoy being able to do that.

Sometimes it doesn’t even have to be music, I can listen to sounds of rain pouring on youtube or an ASMR of different sounds and it is very therapeutic for me, after a long and stressful day. Music can also give me different memories, I prefer happy songs with happy memories because it makes me feel comfortable and at ease. My grandma always tells me that music triggers good hormones in your body, which is why I feel the joy I do when listening to music. I have also seen music helping out my cousin who has ADHD, i'm not sure exactly what the music does to her but when she has panic or anxiety attacks, her mother plays music and it calms her down and she's happy.

If music was not around, I don’t know how I would cope because I listen to it every day. I depend on music, especially in the morning on the way to work to uplift me for the day and get me into my “work mode”.


Listening to Music Mindfully | Greater Good In Education


Music for self care: Listening to music with intention

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are we products of our environment & my mentor

Are we products of our environment or products of our expectations?

Is Pop Culture Good For Me?